Bort
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XP and friends (mastery)

Go down

XP and friends (mastery) Empty XP and friends (mastery)

Post by themagus Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm

XP per level

I'll just put the base line somewhere:

Everyone start at level 1.
Getting to level 2 requires 100xp.
Each level after that will require 100 more xp than the last level so to 3 you'll need 200xp, to 4 300xp etc'...
Max level is 100.

Enemy XP

At lv 1 an enemy is worth 10xp.
For each additional level an enemy gets 10 more xp.
For each level of difference the value changes by (enemy xp)*1.1 if the enemy is higher level or (enemy xp):1.1 if the enemy is lower level than you

Expanding on specialized weapons training, this will have a lot of branches. The initial perk will make you familiar with a set of weapons your character is expose to depending on its' background. [For example - a character that live in european medieval times and take this perk will be proficient in spear, crossbow, axe, longsword, sling, mace&shield etc'...] From there the perks will get more specific and so will their bonuses; Choosing a single type of weapon (rifles, axes...) And moving to a specific weapon design (ak47, igorot axe)
So, let's try this:
Martial background - choose a background that suit your character. You have basic capabilities with equipment from this background; Prehistoric, medieval, victorian \ early industrial (1850-1920 or so), modern, near future, scifi.

*All the weapon specialization perks are chained and require the perk that came before them?

Another shot at this - Dire said that there will be no to-hit penalty with weapons as long as a character has enough comprehension about using them. So, just different levels of specializations?
Let's see...
Inclination - Melee / ranged. This perk is more about what the character prefers to do. It's like, the basic +1 to what you prefer doing. I don't think it should be a requirement for anything apart for this perk chain, just the most basic perk that's generally good for mostly anything you're going to do in physical combat.

Where do we go from inclination? Ranged and melee.
For ranged I again feel like there are two different ways to go about it and unfortunately they are differentiated by time era. so I'll write...
Prefrenced Combat - Shot Guide / System Operator.
In other words - one is good at leading a shot using the body for aim, things like bows, throwing knives, javelins etc'... come into. A system operator is someone who's good at using other things to aim for them like blowguns, rifles, crossbows etc'... I don't know if my logic behind this stands at all.
But what about melee? I feel about the same about it - the man with the shorter stick if faster and more agile while the man with the longer stick has longer reach and hits harder. So...
Prefrenced combat - Light / Heavy.
Now, being the 'light' guy doesn't mean you can't use a heavy weapon - A great axe can has both its' ends utilized, much like a quarterstaff, which someone who like to strike quickly and accurately may certainly pick. I guess it can play the other way around - brass knuckles can be used in a 'heavy' manner if you want to really pack your punches.
So far we got - Prefrenced Combat - [Shot Guide] [System Operator] [Light] [Heavy].

Change of plans - Dire said there will be 3 perks - one for ranged\melee, one for slash\piercing\blunt and one for each specific weapon. The perks will level as a character use a weapon. Dire also said that we'll choose which passive we level as we use the weapons but Dire my man, micro managing your passives at this level is way out of the range for a table top game and even on virtual devices it's annoying, passives are meant to be passive.

Melee / range mastery levels (apply only when fighting in the applicable category: melee or range):
1 - +1 to hit chance
2 - +1 to avoid an attack
3 - -1 stat requirement to learn a move.
4 - +1 to the success of a move.
5 - +10% damage, which bypass armor.
6 - +1 base damage
7 - +1 hit chance
8 - -1 stat requirement to learn a move.
9 - +1 to the success of a move.
10 - +1 base damage.

Damage type mastery levels (apply only when using weapons with the appropriate damage type):
1 - +1 to base damage when using a move.
2 - Gain access to automatic weapon perks.
3 - +1 to the success of a weapons' ability.
4 - +1 to hit when attacking with advantage.
5 -  +1 damage reduction.
6 - +1 to avoid an attack made by a weapon with damage of the corresponding type.
7 - +1 to hit when using a move.
8 - +1 to the success of a weapons' ability.
9 - +1 critical chance
10 - %+50% to weapon damage on critical hit.

Specific weapon type mastery levels:
1 - +1 to hit chance
2 - +1 basw damage
3 - -1 stat requirement for weapons of this type.
4 - -1 stat requirement for moves learned and used with this weapon.
5 - +1 to hit chance.
6 - +1 base damage
7 - +1 crit chance
8 - -1 stat requirement of weapons of this type.
9 - -1 stat requirement for moves learned and used with this weapon.
10 - +1 crit chance

Last edited by themagus on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:12 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixes and additions)
themagus
themagus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum